History of Sage Cottage Preschool:
June Warren founded Sage School in 1967. A Montessori class was conducted for the first time at Sage School in 1971 with an initial enrollment of six students. Beverly Eckhardt purchased the school in 1975 and the following year, Ms. Eckhardt offered only Montessori programs at Sage School, changing the name to Sage Montessori School. Connie Hayden, the first Montessori directress at Sage, purchased the school in 1979. Over the next 20 years, Sage Schools grew to 4 campuses serving infants through elementary school. Sage Cottage opened in 1996. In June 2001, the schools were sold. Paul & Sue Terp and Bridget Duffy purchased Sage Cottage and Sage Academy, moving Sage Cottage Montessori Preschool to its current location. In July 2006, Cheri Host and Theresa Cull purchased Sage Cottage Montessori Preschool. In January 2009, Sage Cottage Montessori Preschool was incorporated as a non-profit organization. Sage Cottage Montessori Preschool encourages the children to learn through playing and working with the material available to them in each classroom; emphasizing science-based activities. Materials are based on the current classroom theme. Children are encouraged and given opportunities on a daily basis to explore their environment and to work individually or in teams as they learn and play.
The specific goals for the children who attend Sage Cottage Montessori Preschool are:
1. To develop a positive self-image.
2. To develop a love of learning and feel comfortable in school.
3. To learn respect of all life and the environment.
4. To develop and foster an abiding curiosity.
5. To develop skills of initiative and self-direction.
6. To foster inner discipline and a sense of order.
7. To develop socially acceptable behavior.
8. To acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
There are five classrooms:
- Infant Class houses ages 6 weeks to 1 year,
- Toddler Class houses ages 1 to 2 years,
- Transition Class houses ages 2 and 3 years,
- the Early Childhood Class houses ages 3 to 4 years,
- Advanced Early Childhood Class houses ages 4 to school-readiness
*Sage Cottage Preschool has a 5 star student to teacher ratios.
Student-Teacher Ratio and Classroom Capacity:
- Infant-Toddler 6/2 - 7
- Toddler 5/1 - 10
- Transition 6/1 - 12
- Early Childhood 7/1 - 14
- Advanced Early Childhood 7/1 - 7
We'd love to hear from you....
142 Meadow Lane, White Rock, NM 87547
(505) 672-0534 /
For more pictures and information, please view our school's Facebook page by clicking: Here